Governor’s Wellness Initiative Recipe Contest
Share your favorite healthy recipe for the chance to be included in the Governor’s Initiative Cookbook 2019!
Once submitted, recipes will be reviewed by Sanford Health Plan dietitians to ensure it meets guidelines below. Preference will be given to recipes that display appeal, use of flavor and creativity. Those who submit winning recipes will receive a bound copy of the Governor’s Initiative Cookbook. A PDF copy of the cookbook will be made available for all NDPERS employees.
To be considered for publication, the recipe must contain at least one of the following as the primary ingredient:
- Fresh, frozen or no-added-salt canned vegetables
- Fresh, frozen or no-added-sugar canned fruit
- Whole grain (Ex: brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat pasta or flour)
- Lean protein (Ex: beans, tofu, legumes, eggs, lean cuts of meat, 90% or greater lean ground meats)
- If sugar is added to the recipe, no more than three (3) teaspoons of added sugar is allowed per serving
- If spices and broths are added to recipes, reduced sodium options must be used when available; salt is allowed in acceptable quantities
- Recipes must include a complete list of ingredients, including accurate measurements for each
- Recipes must include complete step-by-step directions for preparation and cooking, including times and temperatures
- Multiple recipe submissions are allowed
- Submissions will be accepted through March 26, 2019
Recipe Submission Agreement
Should you choose to submit a recipe, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Your recipe is your original work and has not been copied or reproduced from any published or copyrighted source.
- You grant Sanford Health Plan a royalty-free license to edit, publish, and otherwise use the recipe, at no charge, in any medium and for any purpose.
- You grant Sanford Health Plan permission to release your first name, last initial, and NDPERS agency if your submission is selected for publication.