Manage your health care expenses with a price estimate
If you want to better manage your health care expenses, consider requesting a price estimate. Here’s how:
- Visit fairhealthconsumer.org. This website can provide an estimate based on national claims data.
- If you are receiving care at Sanford Health, we have established a process to help you find out what an anticipated visit or procedure would cost with your insurance information applied. To request a price estimate, call us at (800) 709-4274. Financial Clearance Center office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- You can also browse pricing for various Sanford Health hospitals HERE.
- Prices are updated annually. The amounts shown are the hospital charges Sanford Health would bill for a service; they are not the amount you will pay out-of-pocket. Sanford Health Plan reimburses a lesser amount to Sanford Health and a discount (negotiated rate) is applied. Hospital charges may also include bundled rates for procedures, personnel, services and supplies. For example, room rates may include the space, equipment, nursing personnel and supplies.
- To search and compare average prices among other facilities, visit:
If you need additional information about covered services, what you may pay out of pocket (cost share), or any other price information, please contact Sanford Health Plan customer service team Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST (800) 234-7779 or email anytime.