Improve Your Well-Being with the Dakota Wellness Program
Every day is a new opportunity to commit to your health and well-being. The Dakota Wellness Program and Sanford Health Plan offer tools and support to help you find success on your wellness journey.
$250 Wellness Benefit
Earn points toward your $250 benefit for the following activities:
- Online Wellness Portal
Log in to your My Sanford Health Plan account and complete a health risk assessment for your custom recommendations. Earn your wellness benefit by recording your annual doctor and dental visits, and engaging in a daily habit program, wellness challenge or tracker.
- Fitness Reimbursements
Go to the gym 12 times a month and receive a reimbursement for your membership fee, up to $20 a month. Reminder: You must take the health assessment in the Wellness Portal each year to receive your reimbursements. Check with your gym and ask if they offer and submit attendance for virtual workouts. Click here to review fitness reimbursement FAQs
- Workplace Wellness Programs
Participate in workplace events led by your site’s wellness coordinator or through Sanford Health Plan virtual resources.
Download our brochure and learn how you can redeem your wellness benefit.
Click here to view a recorded webinar on the wellness portal and benefit.
- Monthly Newsletter: Our monthly newsletter includes articles written by the Dakota Wellness team, a book club and recipes. Read the newsletter here.
- Monthly Wellness Webinar: Monthly well-being webinars offer bite-sized education to help you learn more about our monthly newsletter topic. Each webinar lasts 15 minutes. Employees who attend the live webinar can receive a voucher for 3,000 points. Register for our October wellness webinar.
- Facebook: Follow Sanford Health Plan’s Facebook page for access to our well-being information all in the convenience of your newsfeed. Follow today.
- Better Choices Better Health: This program teaches new strategies that will give participants the confidence, motivation, and skills needed to manage living with a chronic health condition. Find a class.
Lifestyle Medicine and Health Programs for Qualified Conditions
Our programs include:
- Diabetes Prevention Program: In this yearlong, evidence-based program, participants meet in a group with a trained coach to focus on strategies to lose weight, increase physical activity and decrease their risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Exercise is Medicine: This program gives you a foundation to add exercise to your routine and tools to decrease health risks. Programs are available virtually or at participating gyms.
- Healthy Pregnancy Program: Give your baby a healthy start with support and tools from Sanford Health Plan.
- About the Patient Diabetes Management Program: Partner with your pharmacist to get support and create a plan to better manage your type 2 diabetes.